What you should pack in your hospital bag when you are having a TFMR or a stillbirth:
- Any prescribed medication
- Your hospital notes
- Comfy clothes like tracksuit pants, leggings or pyjama pants and a jumper or hoodie.
- A nightie to wear while you deliver and spare pyjamas and dressing gown in case you are staying overnight. In some cases, you may be staying a few nights.
- A change of clothes to wear home, two sets if you have to travel from abroad.
- Comfy, non-wired bras.
- Plenty of pairs of knickers, large ones to accommodate the maternity pads.
- Warm socks, Flip flops or slippers to wear to the toilet
- Your phone and charger
- Newspaper/magazines, book, earphones etc to help pass the time
- Toiletries – toothbrush & toothpaste, face wipes, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant. moisturiser, maternity pads and breast pads.
- A towel
- Hand sanitiser
- Hairbrush and something to tie your hair back with
- Money for vending machines and the car park
- If you do not have to travel abroad or are travelling by car; snacks – fruit, chocolate, sweets, comfort food.
- Your own pillow
- A big, refillable bottle of water
- Depending on gestation, you may need the following items for baby: A set of clothes for baby (or the hospital will have a choice of tiny outfits knitted and supplied by bereavement support charities and groups).
- A toy or precious object that you want to appear in photos of your baby
- A baby blanket that you want to keep
- A book that you might like to read to him or her
- Some music you would like to play
- Battery operated candles for low lighting
You can contact LMC on our helpline: 086 374 5474 or by email at: email@example.com